Custom search help
Hi,

I've just discovered your android app, and it so far looks like it's exactly what I need to play my karaoke collection that I've backed up on my local server.  It's successful in browsing the files on the server - I just find that I'm unable to successfully search my collection by either 'Artist' name or 'Song' Title.  The only success that I have is that I can search/find the disc by number - which whilst is good, I would much prefer to be able to search under 'Song' Title and/or 'Artist' Name - is there any way possible (using the custom search variables) to do this?

My files are stored in the followng ways at the moment -

Song Number - Artist Name - Song Title.zip
Song Number - Song Title - Artist Name.zip

If this is possible to achieve, then I will certainly be purchasing the paid version - as aside from this current issue, your program is just what I'm lookig for!

Thank you for any help you can provide here - and well done on such a nicely done player!

Many thanks,

Stevie
Hi Stevie, thank you for your feedback.

Please see this topic regarding custom regular expressions for artist/title: http://forum.ulduzsoft.com/showthread.php?tid=19

For your case I suggest trying the following regular expression (which I suggest to copy-paste and not retype):

Code:
.*\/\d+ - (.*) - (.*)\..*

and rescan the collection. Please let me know whether it worked.
(01-28-2018, 12:10 PM)george Wrote: Please see this topic regarding custom regular expressions for artist/title: http://forum.ulduzsoft.com/showthread.php?tid=19

For your case I suggest trying the following regular expression (which I suggest to copy-paste and not retype):

Code:
.*\/\d+ - (.*) - (.*)\..*

and rescan the collection. Please let me know whether it worked.

Thanks very much George - I really appreciate your help!  Unfortunately that just made it worse - after rescanning it made everything appear as 'unknown'!?...

I had checked out the link you have referred to before I submitted my initial post, but unfortunately (even after checking it again...) I have (so far) been unable to get my head around exactly what each part breaks down as - try as I might...  Sorry for being a dumbass...  Undecided

The only code that will bring me results, is this one -

"The following regular expression matches the Artist-Title format:"

Code:
Code:
.*\/(.*) +\- +(.*)\..*

This will bring up most of the info regarding the songs - for instance, it brings up ALL THE SONGS, but only displays the disc number, title number, and artist - it does not show the song name...  But the thing that I am most interested in, is being able to 'search' the database - but unfortunately I am only able to search using the disc number...

For instance, here is the exact format that I have stored my backups in on my server (Just in case you're wondering - I am using fake details here, in case there is an issue with me referring to copyrighted material - even though I'm allowed a personal backup of my discs) lol -

NA001-02 - Wee Mikie - Superstar.zip

Apologies if there is a 'Wee Mikie' out there, who happens to sing a song called 'Superstar'!...  ;-)

Is there anything you can suggest that will allow me to search either 'disc number', 'artist name', or 'song title'?

I am very sorry for giving you this hassle - but if I was able to resolve this, then your app is fantastic for me, and I will certainly purchase the paid version!

Many thanks once again,

Stevie.